Friday, November 27, 2015

Mini Sausages Puff

OK I don't know what to call these things but they are basically sausages in puff pastry. As a mother to two small kids, I always want to make them foods that are exciting yet easy to hold and bite. I know sausages aren't the healthiest thing that a kid can eat but trust me, we don't always have them in our freezer. We seldom buy sausages but we do eat them once in a while. 

Basically I just used the ready made frozen puff pastry which are easily available at all leading supermarkets. They come in squares so I just cut them into two triangles. I then cut the sausages in halves to make mini sausages. Of course it is easier if you use mini sausages. After that simply roll the sausages in the puff pastry sheets and use a bit of water as a glue to stick the end. Before baking, apply some egg wash on the pastry.

Bake until they're golden brown. Adjust your oven accordingly. You can also use an oven toaster as they are small in size. The puff pastry really poufed up after baking. I did some slits on the sausages so that they cook through. Enjoy these with mayonnaise, tomato sauce or cheese sauce while still warm. My kids and hubby loved these!

No comments: