Monday, December 02, 2013

Breakfast Treat for Babycakes

Getting a toddler to eat is a pretty tricky task. Alhamdulillah Babycakes is not really a picky eater except when it comes to certain vegetables. She loves to eat so it isn't really hard to get her to eat. However, she has her good days and bad days. Sometimes I would make her a cheese sandwich using a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter and she would either just eat the cheese or eat Mickey's ears. Sometimes she would just drink the milk from the cereal and sometimes she would ask for a second helping of a half-boiled egg.
Last Saturday, instead of making the usual french toast, I decided to tweak the recipe a bit and instead of frying, I baked some egg toast for her.


 I cut 2 slices of bread into 4 small squares and put them in muffin tin greased with butter. Yeah, I didn't bother to cut the crusts off because it'll be such a waste. Besides, I don't want Babycakes to grow up not eating the crusts. I mean, I (had to) eat them when I was a kid so now I don't mind eating them.

I cut a few pieces of chicken pepperoni and mixed them with 2 eggs, a tsp of mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste.
 I poured the egg mixture onto the bread and put a some cheddar cheese on top of it.

 I baked them until they are golden brown.

 Cool before serving to your little one. I cut the egg toast into small pieces so it is easier for Babycakes to eat.

There you go. Simple and hearty breakfast treat for my Babycakes (and her Cat). I would have put some chopped onions but Babycakes won't like it. You can always add some mixed vegetables, mushrooms or anything that you like. I don't want to open a can of button mushroom only to use a few pieces so this will do. Be sure to watch the salt that you put in because the chicken pepperoni and cheese have enough cheese.

No comments: