Monday, April 08, 2013

nothing is safe anymore

Not even an umbrella, an old sorry-looking free umbrella for that matter.
Whenever it rains, I would leave my umbrella at the basement where I parked my car at our home. I would leave my umbrella opened and put it behind my car for it to dry. The next day, I would simply fold it and put it back into my car. I've done this several times. It saves me from the hassle of carrying a wet umbrella together with Babycakes, my handbag, her backpack, her food bag and my other bag up to the house. FYI I carried Babycakes into the elevator and I would only let her walk once we reach our floor simply because I don't want her to run/walk away and I'd have to  chase her and all, which is very tiring and difficult when I have tons of stuffs to carry.
Anyway, two weeks ago, I did the same for my umbrella. It was safe all along so I thought, why not? But the very next day, I couldn't find my umbrella. I was so pissed off. Who in the world would want to steal an old, sorry-looking umbrella? It's obvious the umbrella belongs to me as I leave it at the back of my car. Gosh seriously? Obviously the animal person who stole it stays in the building. Or it could be one of the security guards. So much for being security guards huh? If I ever see anyone using it, I will approach that person and ask. But if I do not, to whoever that stole my umbrella, i wish you get struck by lightning may you be blown away by the wind. I am not kidding. It may be 'just an umbrella' so why the need to steal it? The animal person was lucky it didn't rain until I get my hands on a new umbrella. And because of that, I had to get a new umbrella. I bought one at Daiso for only RM5. It's transparent with pink and orange polka dots on it but it's a bit small. Oh well it will do. For now.

Curse you, umbrella thief!

 
 If I had bought this umbrella in Sydney and somebody steals it, I would definitely cry my eyes out!


No comments: