Friday, July 16, 2010

call me some other time

Lately, I’ve been receiving calls from Bonuslink. The first time they called, it was a guy. I said I was busy (I really was! It was 10ish in the morning and I’ve got tons to do so there’s no way I can entertain his call) and asked him to call again during lunch. He didn’t. Instead he called me at 3ish in the afternoon. I was busy still so I ignored the call. Lalalala~~
I told boyfie and he said not to ignore the call(s) as I might have won something and they may be calling to inform me about it. He made sense but I said, if I did win something, I’m sure they will send a letter to me, instead of calling me. I know for sure that they are trying to promote something.
A few days later, he called again. I asked him what is it about and he said that he wants to introduce me to the new loyalty program whatever. I was driving. I was on speakerphone and I could not hear him clearly so I told him to call after 6pm. He did not call me after 6pm.
And today, a lady called at 3ish in the afternoon. She was from Bonuslink as well. Here are more or less what transpired:

Lady: Hello boleh saya cakap dengan Cik Azian?
[I really hate it when people mispronounce and misspell my name. I am pretty sure she has my details in front of her. It’s Izyan with and I, not an A!!]
Me: IZYAN bercakap. Siapa ni?
Lady: Saya (whatshername) dari Bonuslink.
Me: Uh huh. Pasal apa ye?
Lady: Pasal Bonuslink lah.
[Wrong answer, lady!!]
Me: (with a slightly annoyed tone) Pasal apa dengan Bonuslink?
Lady: *sighed* Saya nak tanya, cik masih pakai Bonuslink tak?
[She has the cheek to sigh???]
Me: Iye. Kenapa?
Lady: Ok saya nak tau, cik biasa pakai Bonuslink di mana?
Me: Di stesen minyak. Jap, ni pasal apa ni?
Lady: Kita ada program baru.
Me: Ok macam ni lah, saya agak sibuk sekarang jadi kalau nak cakap, call saya samada time lunch atau lepas pukul 6 boleh?
Lady: Oh, macam tu ye? Ok lah. Terima kasih.

It is not that I am being rude to them. It is not that I don’t want to listen to them. It is not that I am not interested in their so-called loyalty program whatever.
It is just that, most of the time, they called me at the wrong time but mostly it is because they don’t even have the courtesy to ask me if I was free to talk.
Let’s see if they will ever call me again. And see if I am free to talk to them. I wonder what the new program is all about…


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

betul, kdg2 naik rimas biel tak jawab, diorang asik2 kal2 tak berhenti... gimme a break!

Unknown said...

betul tu. rimas lah. dapat pulak dorang call wrong timing. silap ar kan. :D