Wednesday, November 04, 2009

check the receipt

When you go to a petrol station, do you just go to refuel or do you go in and buy stuffs from the mart, say drinks, gums, chocolates etc? As for me, most of the time I would go in and buy drinks and/or snacks. Sometimes I stopped by just to buy drinks or stuffs. Anyway, if you use Shell petrol, you would probably notice that Shell would always come up with promotion e.g. buy two packs of Yeo's drinks at RM 1.80 or buy one 100 Plus at RM 1.50 and you can buy Seasons soya bean drink at RM 1.10. I'm a sucker for these kinds of promotions (heheh) so yesterday while I was on my way back to the office, I stopped by Shell at Jalan Tun Razak (beside Pusrawi) to refuel and to buy some drinks when I noticed the said promotions, among others. I bought a can of 100 Plus and a can of Seasons soya bean drink. I forgot to check how much they charged me until I reached the office when I remembered about it. Luckily I kept the receipt. When I checked, it turned out that they charged me RM 1.80 for the 100 Plus and RM 1.60 for the soya bean drink. So today, I stopped by the petrol station to buy some drinks when I casually asked the cashier about the promotion. He went about explaining to me and promoted to me the other promotions as well. then I said to him, "Semalam saya beli 100 Plus dengan soya bean ni tapi cas harga biasa lah." He then said, "Oh ye ke?" Then i said, "Iye. Saya ada resit. Nak tengok?" I showed him the receipt and then he calculated and apologized. He then returned to me RM 0.80.

Moral of the story:
1. Always check what you paid for.
2. Always ask for the receipt and keep it.
3. Always check the receipt there and then.
4. Do not fall for these kind of promotions.

2 comments:

Legal Cat said...

At least he is willing to give back the balance as promoted. Some may not... ;)

Unknown said...

well, he better give back the balance. if not, a drama will ensue haha. it's my right to ask for the balance anyway, right?