Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lady Luck, please keep on smiling

Sometimes luck comes a-knocking on my door and it comes in various forms. I may not be the luckiest person on earth but I can say that I am pretty lucky, though in certain areas, I do need all the luck in the world. What I notice is that being lucky is seasonal in my case. When the luck strikes, it strikes like nobody’s business. When there’s no luck, I have a series of bad luck/unfortunate events.

It’s been a while since I last won anything from a contest. I did enter a few contests here and there but I didn’t win. Until recently, I won a Dutch Lady bath towel, passes to see Alexa (an Indonesian band) perform at Zouk Club and passes to Redfm's Love Classifieds party at Luna Bar. On the day of the party, I had to pick my Bestie at Subang Parade so I parked my car by the roadside. Who would have known that Skuad Era Avanza was there as well, right in front of me. I didn't even know it was them until one of the guys came to my car and asked me to come down to collect the goodies. I said to him that I will only come down when my friend is here. There were about 10 guys and who knows, they might bundle me up and put me in the trunk of their car! Better safe than sorry, right? Even though it was in broad daylight, I dare not take any chances. A few minutes later, the guy came to my car again and said that they were leaving soon so it's best if I go and collect the goodies. I was lazy to get out of the car so I said, "Ala, bagi je lah barang-barang tu." They know they had to give it out anyway so they gave me a bottle of 7Up Revive and two passes to catch the premiere of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. How cool is that? Now I get to watch the movie for free, and a day earlier before it hits the cinema. When my friend came, she wanted to take pics with them so we went and they gave us more canned drinks and a tumbler.

A few days ago a friend told me that she saw my name in May's issue of CLEO. My name is one of the consolation prize winners for one of CLEO's contests held in March. Today, i received an email stating that I scored two passes to the Capital Dance Anthem at Red Square.

I can't believe myself either. Told ya that when it strikes, it strikes like nobody's business. All I can say is Alhamdulillah. Now i'm just waiting for the day to announce that I have won a house and/or some really cold hard cash. Really. I can't wait for the day.

3 comments:

twayblade said...

mak aih..besnya. luck for me is when i can get at least 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep, which would not happen anyway. si imran akan bgn every 2 hrs nak susu. guess no luck laa kut for the moment. huhu. m

Unknown said...

i guess all of us need some luck here and there, kan? :) anyway hope one fine day u get ur much needed sleep, minus the interruptions. tough luck, huh? hehe.

farahlily said...

bestnyerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

BTW sorry lar dear i got ur msg tu when the event was over oredi... kalau tak mmg i ikut punye, need to spice up my life ler nowadays :p let's blame the bloody conference bcuz i ended up tak bukak my inboxes!!!!!!

take care dahling!