Friday, March 28, 2008

under the weather

I once read somewhere that either Capricornians or those born in January are resistant to illnesses but prone to colds. Alhamdulillah I hardly fall sick but when I do, it’s really bad. The part where one is prone to colds is very true. I don’t think that I’m allergic to dust, fur or have asthma but when the flu bug bit me, it is really bad to the extent that I wish I could take off my nose and put it in a jar for it to recover (while preventing others from getting the virus too) and then attach it back when it’s well. I would have runny nose or blocked nose and I will not stop sneezing. And I hate it when I feel like sneezing but then tak jadi. It is so depressing. I guess the weather is to blame. One minute it’s hot, the next minute it rains cats and dogs. Today I feel feverish, have runny nose and the whole works. I just couldn’t stand it so I went to the clinic to get my mc. The stupid clinic that I always go to is so damn stupid. I went in and the stupid nurse/receptionist asked me, “Nak jumpa doctor ke?” I was like, duhhhhh! Why would one go to a clinic if not to see the doctor? I don’t know if she noticed the annoyed look on my face but I sure hoped she did as I said, “Iyelah.” Then she said, “Boleh datang lepas sembahyang Jumaat tak? Sekarang ni ramai orang tengah buat medical check-up.” I was like, wtf. The sun is blazing hot and my nose couldn’t stop running so naturally my boiling points (and temperature) raised not one but a few notches. I said, “Lepas sembahyang Jumaat?? Sorang je ke doctor? Takde doctor lain??” She replied, “A’ah.” Bloody hell. Like I have nothing better to do than wait until after sembahyang Jumaat. Who would want to hunt for another clinic in such a hot weather and in such rimas condition? But I have no choice so off I went while saying to her, “Tak reliable langsung clinic!” pffft. So I had to go to another clinic and there was no one at the clinic and I was attended to instantly. Now that’s what I call a first-class service.

As of now, I think I almost finished one box of tissue paper and my eyes sore from the ‘heat’ from Vicks.

No comments: